The Data Administrator has a sharpened focused on data management, correction, reporting, and conversion activities both within and outside the company application. Primary focus of day to day activities are converting incoming data into usable data for the end users. The Data Administrator will be responsible for redesigning existing legacy conversion processes to increase efficiency, streamline operations and create automated, repeatable vehicles and maintain those vehicles to remain current. The Data Administrator is a master resource with data conversion tools and work with non-IT roles to define data needs/requirements.
- Provide escalated Level III support via a variety of methods and provide technical expertise via verbal and /or written means
- Diagnose and troubleshoot advanced data issues as a Level III Subject Matter Expert
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Core Required Technical Competencies:
- Demonstrated understanding of data conversion concepts, tool and methodologies
- Ability to translate user requirements into complex queries and reports using T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS
- Familiarity with stored procedures in SQL Server, with emphasis on SQL 2014 or higher
- Familiarity with using Visual Studio 2015 or higher to manage VS projects and store in Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Core Desired Technical Competencies:
- Microsoft Excel – Advanced User
- Collaboration: Develops positive working relationships that emphasize team accomplishment in conjunction with individual contribution
- Judgment: Initiates action only after evaluating the consequences of the action and determining that the benefits are likely to outweigh the costs
- Operational Excellence: Manages business priorities and resources to ensure the efficient, timely and cost effective achievement of business results
- Respect for People: Builds trust-based relationships with people by treating them with dignity, respect, and fairness, while valuing their diversity in background and views.
- Results Orientation: Establishes high performance standards for self and others and assumes personal ownership and accountability for achieving business results
- Strategic Reasoning: Creates and communicates a long-term vision, balances short and long term goals, keeps own and team’s work aligned with overall goals, understands the market and can predict change, understands the industry and the competition, creates and adjusts strategic plans
- Strategic Self-Awareness: Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and uses that information to guide personal growth and development
- Tactical Problem Solving: Synthesizes available data and facts into plausible courses of action that will result in the resolution of identified problems
- Talent Development: Pursues a personal course of development related to business acumen and uses that knowledge to hire, coach, and develop the performance of others.
- Tenacity: Pursues the resolution of business challenges with urgency and determination to achieve positive outcomes
- Math and Language: High level Math Skills and Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills with a strong command of the English language
Supervision Received/Exercised – Scope of Decisions:
- Perform duties under direction of the Infrastructure Engineering Manager
- Proven ability to take direction and planning from Sr. Level and implement without direct supervision but still following the overall methodology of direct management
- Possess a level of self-discipline to constantly excel with excellence as the only desired outcome
- Ability to deliver excellence and fulfill the goals of the team, department and the company
- Ability to self-lead, manage time and make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- There are no direct reports connected to this position but possess the ability to mentor team members to deliver a solid end user experience and high level of satisfaction
Education and/or Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field, or requisite job experience is required
- Microsoft Certifications are a plus
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in IT focused on data usage, reporting, and conversion activities, with at least three (3) years in a dedicated data conversion role. Experience redesigning existing legacy conversion processes to increase efficiency and streamline operations is required. Demonstrated experience with data conversion tools, including experience working with SSIS and SSRS. Experience creating and maintaining reports using SSRS. Extensive experience writing complex queries using T-SQL
Specific Job responsibilities:
- Data Conversion
- Redesign process for performing data conversions for Charter customers as part of their on-boarding process
- Write tools/scripts in SSIS and T-SQL for use by the Implementation team in performing data conversions
- Price File Processing
- Redesign existing price file process to automate the process and increase efficiency
- Write tools/scripts for use by the Application Support team in performing price file imports for existing Charter customers
- Reports/Customer Queries
- Write reports and custom queries for use by Charter customers, either standalone or as an integration within the Charter ASPEN business management software
- Other duties as required
- Ability to sit at a desk or workstation and use a computer for up to 8 hours a day, use hands and fingers to type on a keyboard, use a mouse; vision to view details on a monitor
- Ability to listen and to verbally communicate with internal and external customers using a telephone handset and/or connected headset device
- Proven track record of being flexible and creative to adapt to environments where functional and business objectives evolve and change rapidly
- Strong customer service and written/verbal English communication skills are essential
- Ability to maintain a positive and respectful demeanor with customers, co-workers and management
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours
- Flexibility and additional hours may be required to meet business needs
- Corporate Office located in Littleton, CO
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer:
Charter Software is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, place of birth, military service status, or other basis protected by law.
It is essential for us to work in an atmosphere of friendly cooperation; it is your responsibility to:
- Ask your direct supervisor for an explanation of anything you do not understand.
- Attend Orientation and any required training sessions
- Read your job description and Associate Handbook.
- Ask any questions about these items as well as any information given to you at meetings and through individual or group instructions, which will assist your understanding of this position.
To apply for this position, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Denver area candidates only, please.