|Job Title:||Technical Support Specialist|
|Location:||Main Office, Littleton, CO|
|Reports To:||Technical Support Manager|
Technical Support Specialist
Do you want to be part of a growing team, where a positive culture, work/life balance, and flexibility are key values? Charter Software is a growing company located in Littleton, Colorado. Our premier product is a Windows based business management system designed exclusively for equipment dealerships. We are the only business system vendor endorsed by five regional equipment dealer associations in the United States and Canada.
Charter Software partners with servicing dealers & distributors to promote mutual success through use of our technology-based management tools. We are a privately-owned company and a leader in our industry. Our people are the heart and soul of our success…We help our customers FLOURISH.
How will you make a difference?
At Charter Software, we pride ourselves in delivering an exceptional customer experience. Our employees are critical thinkers, passionate about quickly solving our customers’ problems, so they can focus on what they do best—running their business. Our family atmosphere allows all employee to contribute ideas and input and leverage their unique strengths and abilities to promote continuous improvement across the organization. We are committed to providing career progression opportunities to employees who desire to continually learn and embrace new challenges.
What you’ll do:
- Understand issues and provide solutions for complex application issues to a non-technical audience
- Work effectively in a team environment to ensure customers receive a positively consistent experience in all their interactions
- Be an out of the box thinker that helps create and sustain an “effortless” customer experience
- Answer inbound telephone support calls and e-mails in a high-volume team-based telephony call center
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues utilizing best practices
- Maintain ownership of customer issues and requests and follow through consistently with timely resolution
- Compose timely documentation that fully reflects all activity related to resolution of support requests
- Create knowledge articles that will help our customers and colleagues quickly and efficiently find solutions
- Perform hands-on testing of and provide feedback on software functionality in new releases
- Research customer issues/bugs as specified by customers or as assigned by the Technical Support Manager
What you’ll bring
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good prioritization and time management skills
- Strong customer support skills including effective listening and communication skills
- Aptitude to quickly learn new technology applications
- The desire to invest in your own professional development and continual self -improvement
- The ability to understand and communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience
- Willingness to work for the success of the team and with a diverse user community
- The willingness and ability to be self-directed with minimal management involvement
- Basic accounting skills (familiarity with double entry bookkeeping)
- Effective business writing skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a customer service/support role
- Familiarity with inventory control processes a plus
- Car dealership and/or equipment dealer experience a plus
To apply for this position, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Denver area candidates only, please.